If “make in India” were a slogan back in 2010, it would very aptly apply to TKWsIBF. TKWs Institute of Banking and Finance was set up at a time when the banking sector was witnessing a churn, demanding top-notch talent to serve its needs. The Institute was started by TKWs Group with the vision of creating a knowledge Centre of Excellence for the banking sector. Eight years later, the Institute continues to live up to its vision and has evolved into an Institution that is revered both by the students and the Industry.
So here are the 5 things you didn’t probably know about the Institute.
1. Shri RK Dubey, Former CMD of Canara Bank is also the chairman of TKWsIBF society
Designed to serve the Banking industry, the Institute is structured to reflect the same in its governance. The Institute is governed by an Industry Advisory Committee comprising of acting and retired Chairmen, MDs and Directors of leading banks and financial institutions. Industry stalwarts in the Industry Advisory Committee include Former Chairman of Canara Bank Mr.RK Dubey and seven other CMD and CEOs of top Banks & Finance companies.
2. Recognised “Best Banking Institute” by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science & Technology and earlier Dr. Shashi Tharoor, then HRD Minister of State
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science & Technology and Former Minister of State for HRD, Dr.Shashi Tharoor recognised and honoured it as the “Best Banking Institute.” It is ranked as #1 Banking Institute by Brands Academy and conferred with Education Excellence Award for the Best Institute for Banking & Finance by BIG Research.
3. The Diplomas awarded by the Institute are accredited by National Accreditation Board for Education and Training (NABET), Quality Council of India.
The Institute offers Government recognised courses for undergraduate and graduate level students that have now become a benchmark in Banking and Finance education. From the design of the curriculum to Faculty to the delivery of learning systems, the Institute has mastered the art of collaboration that brings experience and innovation to Banking education.
4. “BFSI Vision 2022” prepared by the Institute was submitted to Ministry of Finance and the PMO. The document was applauded by Mr.Raghuram Rajan, Former Governor, RBI.
The Institute is completely aligned with the national priorities and policies of India at the highest level. It was the first to introduce specialised banking education in Delhi in 2010. “BFSI Vision 2022” prepared by the Institute was submitted to Ministry of Finance and the PMO. The document was applauded by Mr.Raghuram Rajan, Former Governor, RBI.
5. It has been ranked #1 Banking Institute since 2010. The Institute has consistently upheld its values of quality education through its unique Experiential Learning Technique (ELT).
The key highlights of this technique include
1) International online lectures from top International Universities.
2) ASEAN Banking Tour for top-ranking students for global exposure.
3) Industry-linked assignments for maximum corporate exposure.
4) Annual International Bankers’ Meet organized by the students.
5) Internship opportunities at leading Banks and Financial Institutions.
6) Corporate Interface with Top Bankers
The validation of all these efforts has come directly from the industry. Thousands of our students are currently working with leading Financial Institutions.
The last four years have seen high-pitched structural reforms in the Indian economy. As the Industry gears itself up for a transformational ride, the TKWsIBF is all set to help the students and the Industry have a smooth sail.